Afinitor Tablet is a medication used in the treatment of certain types of cancer such as advanced renal cell carcinoma and subependymal giant cell astrocytoma associated with tuberous sclerosis complex. It works by blocking certain enzymes in the body that help tumor cells grow. Afinitor is available in tablet form and is taken orally, usually once daily.
Afinitor prices can be costly, but there are programs and resources available to help patients afford their medication. Patients should speak with their healthcare provider for more information about the afinitor tablets. However, not all patients will experience these Afinitor side effects and they may go away on their own as the body adjusts to the medication. Serious everolimus side effects are also possible, so patients should talk to their doctor if they have any concerns. The Afinitor dose is determined by the patient’s weight and the type of cancer being treated. It is important to take exactly as prescribed and not to change the Afinitor dose or stop taking the medication without first talking to a healthcare provider. Gomed Online is a trusted online platform that offers Afinitor at affordable prices. Patients can easily purchase Afinitor 10 mg from Gomed Online and have it delivered to their doorstep. Afinitor 10 mg is a tablet that contains everolimus 5mg, and it is used to treat certain types of cancer, including renal cell carcinoma and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
Uses of Afinitor Tablet
- Advanced renal cell carcinoma: Afinitor 10 mg tablet is used to treat this type of cancer that affects the kidneys.
- Subependymal giant cell astrocytoma associated with tuberous sclerosis complex: Afinitor 2.5 mg is used to treat this type of brain tumor that occurs in people with tuberous sclerosis.
- Other types of cancer: Everolimus 5mg, which is the active ingredient in the afinitor tablet, is also used to treat other types of cancer, such as breast cancer, pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, and others.
Benefits of Afinitor Tablet
Afinitor Tablet has several benefits for people with certain types of cancer, including:
- Slows the growth of cancer cells: Afinitor Tablet works by blocking certain enzymes in the body that help tumor cells grow, slowing the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Can improve symptoms: For some people with advanced renal cell carcinoma or subependymal giant cell astrocytoma, the Afinitor tablet can help to improve symptoms and delay the progression of the disease.
- Easy to take: Afinitor is available in tablet form and is taken orally, usually once daily. This makes it an easy medication to take as part of a daily routine.
- Can be used in combination with other treatments: Afinitor tablets can be used in combination with other treatments, such as chemotherapy, to help improve outcomes for people with cancer.
Side Effects of Afinitor Tablet
Afinitor or everolimus side effects are generally mild. It is important to note that Afinitor or everolimus 5mg can cause side effects.
Common side effects include:
- Mouth sores
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
Serious side effects are also possible, including:
- Low white blood cell count
- High cholesterol or triglycerides
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Breathing problems
How to use Afinitor Tablet
Afinitor tablets should be used as directed by a healthcare provider. The following is general information on how to use Afinitor:
- Take the medication orally: Afinitor 10 mg tablet is taken by mouth, usually once daily.
- Take it at the same time every day: To help ensure consistent levels of the medication in the body, it is important to take the Afinitor dose at the same time every day.
- Do not change the dose: The dose of Afinitor 2.5 mg is determined by the patient’s weight and the type of cancer being treated. It is important not to change the dose or stop taking the medication without first talking to a healthcare provider.
- Follow all instructions: Patients should follow all instructions provided by their healthcare provider and read the medication guide provided with their prescription.
- Store the medication properly: Afinitor should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
How Afinitor Tablet works
Afinitor tablet is available in 2.5 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg tablet strengths. Afinitor 5mg price can vary depending on the strength and quantity you need. Afinitor dose contains the active ingredient everolimus, which is a type of medication known as an mTOR inhibitor. It works by blocking the activity of an enzyme called mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin), which helps to regulate the growth and division of cells in the body.
In people with cancer, mTOR can become overactive and contribute to the growth and spread of tumor cells. By blocking mTOR, afinitor dose can help to slow the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Afinitor 10 mg tablet is used in the treatment of various types of cancer, including advanced renal cell carcinoma and subependymal giant cell astrocytoma associated with the tuberous sclerosis complex. It is important to note that Afinitor is not a cure for cancer, but it can help to slow the progression of the disease and improve symptoms for some people.
SAFETY ADVICE AND QUICK TIPS
Safety precautions to keep in mind when taking Afinitor include:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Afinitor may cause harm to a developing fetus and should not be used during pregnancy. Women who are breastfeeding should also not take Afinitor.
- Infections: Afinitor may weaken the immune system and increase the risk of serious infections.
- Blood test results: Afinitor may cause changes in blood test results, and regular blood tests may be necessary while taking this medication.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may experience allergic reactions to Afinitor, including itching, skin rash, and swelling of the face, lips, or tongue.
- Drug interactions: Afinitor may interact with other medications, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Before taking Afinitor, tell your healthcare provider about all medications you are taking.
- Dosage: Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions carefully when taking Afinitor.GoMeds is an online platform that provides access to a wide range of prescription medicine available in India. Patients in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, and Jaipur can easily order their medicines from the comfort of their own homes by visiting gomeds.com.GoMeds offers a convenient and efficient way to purchase medicine available in India, with a user-friendly website and fast delivery options. Patients can compare the prices of Afinitor 5mg price from different pharmacies and find the best deal on the medications they need. At GoMeds, customers can find a variety of prescription medicines, including Afinitor 5mg price in India, at affordable prices. The cost of Afinitor may vary, but patients can use GoMeds to compare prices in India and find the best deal.GoMeds is committed to providing access to safe and effective medication to patients in India. The platform makes it easy for patients to order the medicine available in India they need, without having to visit multiple pharmacies. Whether you are in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, or Jaipur, GoMeds is the perfect solution for all your prescription medication needs.
Active ingredient: Everolimus
Dosage: 5mg, 10mg
Route of Administration: Oral
Indications: Treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma, subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA) associated with tuberous sclerosis complex, progressive pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (pNET) in adults.
Side effects: Nausea, fatigue, mouth sores, vomiting, loss of appetite, infections, low white blood cell count, cough, and headache.
Afinitor (everolimus) is a medication used to treat certain types of cancer. Here are some frequently asked questions about Afinitor:
What is Afinitor used for?
Afinitor is used to treat advanced renal cell carcinoma (a type of kidney cancer), subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (a type of brain tumor), and progressive neuroendocrine tumors of pancreatic origin (pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors).
How does Afinitor work?
Afinitor works by blocking the activity of a protein called mTOR, which is involved in the growth and division of cancer cells. By blocking mTOR, Afinitor may slow down or stop the growth of cancer cells.
What are the side effects of Afinitor?
Common side effects of Afinitor include mouth sores, tiredness, loss of appetite, diarrhea, and infections. More serious side effects may include lung problems, liver problems, high blood sugar, and low white blood cell count.
Who should not take Afinitor?
Afinitor should not be taken by women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as it may harm a developing fetus. It should also not be taken by individuals with an allergy to everolimus or any of its ingredients.
How is Afinitor taken?
Afinitor is taken as a tablet once a day, with or without food. The medication should be taken at the same time each day, as directed by a healthcare provider.